zTamiya 58699 RC Kit: 1/10 4WD 1992 Audi V8 Touring (TT-02)
Tamiya 58699 RC Kit: 1/10 4WD 1992 Audi V8 Touring (TT-02)
NOTE: This is a kit and requires assembly. Some parts are sold separately- see list below.
- Unassembled 1/10 4WD 1992 Audi V8 Touring (TT-02) kit with unpainted body
- Body decals
- 540-size brushed motor and paired ESC
REQUIRED ITEMS (SOLD SEPARATELY)
- 2-Channel radio system
- Standard steering servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery pack and suitable charger
- Body paint (Tamiya PS spray recommended)
- Tools for assembly
The Audi V8 is something of a legend in the German Touring Car Championship (DTM), having taken back-to-back championships in 1990 and 1991. It also raced in 1992, with a more powerful 3.6-liter V8 engine and improvements across the board, and powered by Audi's famed quattro four-wheel drive. Highlights included a clean sweep of the podium in the first race at the Nurburgring, the second meet of the season. This RC model assembly kit recreates the 1992 iteration of the V8, with a polycarbonate body capturing its powerful form in style. Also included are front and rear polycarbonate light cases, plus stickers to recreate sponsor logos and red livery sections.
TT-02: Adaptable, Balanced Shaft Driven 4WD
The shaft-driven 4WD TT-02 chassis employs a longitudinal layout with the battery on the left and the motor on the right, to give excellent stability. In addition, it features identical left and right suspension arms and uprights for ease of assembly, plus easy-to-maintain gearboxes. It is a highly adaptable chassis, as it offers 2 different wheelbases, 2 ground clearance settings and 2 tread set-ups in addition to a range of 10 possible gear ratios. It is not short on looks either, with brake disc-shaped wheel hubs and stylish front bumper supports. Black 10-spoke wheels use tread patterned semi-pneumatic tires.
- Polycarbonate (clear) body.
- Stickers are included to recreate the markings for the 1992 Audi V8 Touring. Window masking stickers included to aid in the paint job process.
- Two-piece mesh wheels have silver color rims and spokes. They are paired with racing slick tires.
- Separate parts are included to depict side mirrors.
- A wealth of Hop-Up Option parts is available to tune the TT-02 chassis to your performance needs.
Tire Width/Diameter: 27/67mm (front and rear)
Adjustable Gear Ratio: Yes
Gear Ratio: 8.27:1
Bearings: Plastic bushings
Body Material: Polycarbonate
Body Stickers: Included
Chassis Material: ABS plastic
Chassis Type: TT-02
Construction Type: Assembly kit
Differential Type: Gear
Drive Type: 4WD
Motor: Brushed 540-type
Shock Damper: Friction type
Suspension: Fully independent double wishbone
Terrain Use: On-road