Tamiya 58696 Super Avante (TD4)
Tamiya 58696 RC Kit: 1/10 4WD Super Avante (TD4)
NOTE: This is a kit and requires assembly. Some parts are sold separately- see list below.
- Unassembled 1/10 4WD Super Avante (TD4)
- Body decals
REQUIRED ITEMS (SOLD SEPARATELY)
- 2-Channel radio system
- 540-size brushed motor and ESC
- low profile steering servo SAV-SC-1251MG-BLACK
- 7.2V NiMH battery pack and suitable charger
- Polycarbonate paint for the body (Tamiya PS recommended)
- Tools for assembly
A SUPER NEW FACE
This RC model assembly kit creates the Super Avante, a 4WD off-road buggy that is bestowed with Tamiya's legendary Avante name. It features an exceptionally low profile design enabled in part by its front inboard suspension, with a shaft-driven 4WD drivetrain powered by a midship motor and employing front/rear ball differentials plus full ball bearings. Its futuristic body design is the work of Kota Nezu at Znug design, and features numerous clear sections that just add to the Super Avante's distinctly modern mood, as do the cockpit-rear buttress and the four mini fenders.
TD4 - LOW PROFILE, HIGH PERFORMANCE
The TD4 is a shaft-driven 4WD buggy chassis which employs front inboard suspension for slim, low-profile form. It features a longitudinal battery pack position in the center and a midship transverse motor for optimum balance and improved performance. The drivetrain uses full bearings, and sealed front/rear gearboxes have built-in ball differentials. Two link rods and crank arm transmit movement of the left-side servo to the three-piece steering arm setup. 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension utilizes CVA oil dampers. Turnbuckle shaft upper arms facilitate camber angle adjustment. Two types (high/low) of wing stays are included and star dish wheels are paired with square spike tires which offer superlative grip off-road.
- Polycarbonate body (inspired by the Tamiya classic, Avante) is designed by Japanese designer Kota Nezu of Znug Design.
- Newly designed shaft-driven 4WD chassis based on a one-piece monocoque frame. It features the same ball differentials for front and rear, and features a longitudinal battery pack position in the center and a midship transverse motor for optimum balance and improved performance.
- The TD4 chassis also employs a front inboard suspension layout which eliminates the need for a front damper stay and offers slim, low-profile form.
- The four-wheel double wishbone suspension system uses CVA oil dampers for fun performance.
- Features full ball bearings.
- Two link rods and crank arm transmit movement of the left-side servo to the three-piece steering arm setup.
- Turnbuckle shafts for use with upper arms facilitate camber angle adjustment.
- Star dish wheels are paired with square spike tires which offer good grip off-road.
- Choose between high and low type wing stays to adjust the downforce depending on the road surface.
- Comes with a driver figure for extra realism, and high-torque servo saver.
Adjustable Gear Ratio: Yes
Bearings: Includes full ball bearings
Body Material: Polycarbonate
Body Stickers: Included
Chassis Material: FRP (Fiberglass reinforced plastic)
Chassis Type: TD4
Construction Type: Assembly kit
Differential Type: Ball pressure plate
Drive Type: 4WD
Electronic Speed Control (ESC): Brushed ESC required (not included)
Motor: Brushed 540-size required (not included)
Shock Damper: CVA oil filled
Suspension: Fully independent double wishbone
Terrain Use: Off-road