Tamiya 58675 RC Kit: 1/10 4WD Mercedes-Benz G500 (CC-02)
Tamiya 58675 RC Kit: 1/10 4WD Mercedes-Benz G 500 (CC-02)
NOTE: This is a kit and requires assembly. Some parts are sold separately- see list below.
- Unassembled 1/10 4WD Mercedes-Benz G 500 (CC-02) kit with unpainted body
- Body decals
- 540-size brushed motor and paired ESC
REQUIRED ITEMS (SOLD SEPARATELY)
- 2-Channel radio system
- Standard steering servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery pack and suitable charger
- Body paint (Tamiya PS spray recommended)
- Tools for assembly
The Mercedes-Benz G Class' heavy duty chassis and distinctive body design have long made it a favorite with consumers, and in 2018 it was endowed with new models including the G 500, powered by a 4-liter V8 twin turbo engine. This RC model assembly kit recreates the G 500. The boxy form is recreated accurately in polycarbonate, with separate molded parts for front grille, side mirrors and spare tire cover. The CC-02 provides a great base for the model, at home on a range of off-road surfaces and even rocky terrain.
CC-02 Chassis - Off Road, Evolved
Designed for a wide range of off-road scenes including rocky terrain, the CC-02 chassis' ladder frame is inspired by full-size vehicles and is the base for its superior durability. A 4WD setup employs the motor longitudinally behind the front axle with separated gearbox and transfer case, and propeller shafts transmitting power to the differential gears front and rear. Four-link rigid suspension is employed front and rear, with CVA oil dampers for all-encompassing control, even on tricky rock sections. This model comes with matte plated seven-spoke wheels and grippy block pattern tires.
- TLU-01 LED Light Unit and LEDs included.
- G 500 body is recreated accurately in polycarbonate. Separately molded parts are included for the front grille, side mirrors and spare tire cover.
- Designed for a wide range of off-road terrain including rocky surfaces, the CC-02 chassis? ladder frame is inspired by full-size vehicles and is the base for its superior durability.
- A 4WD setup employs the motor longitudinally behind the front axle, with separated gearbox and transfer case, and propeller shafts transmitting power to the differential gears to the front and rear.
- Twenty gear ratios between 11.09:1 and 29.28:1 are possible using separately sold pinion gears, for some serious fine-tuning!
- Differential Gears: 3-bevel differential gears provide a smooth driving. They can also be locked (with reassembly) for driving on poor surfaces.
- Axle Housings: Housings enclose a central differential gear and axle shafts in a rigid setup that lets the chassis take on rough terrain with ease: if one wheel rises, the other is pushed downward to help the chassis gain traction.
- Gearbox: Power from the motor is routed via the realistic looking gearbox and transfer case, from its propeller shafts to the differential gears, and finally to the wheels.
- 4-Link Suspension: A rigid setup employs 4 plastic link arms on each axle housing and four oil dampers. This ergonomic design offers superior durability and the ground clearance.
Tread: 160mm (front), 163mm (rear)
Tire Width/Diameter: 33/90mm (front and rear)
Gear Ratio: 17.33:1
Adjustable Gear Ratio: Yes
Bearings: Plastic bushings
Body Material: Polycarbonate
Body Stickers: Included
Chassis Material: FRP (Fiberglass reinforced plastic)
Chassis Type: CC-02
Construction Type: Assembly kit
Differential Type: Gear
Drive Type: 4WD
Electronic Speed Control (ESC): Included
LED Lights: Included
Motor: Brushed 540-type
Shock Damper: CVA oil-filled
Suspension: 4-Link suspension
Terrain Use: Multipurpose